Top tips to help you stay trim this festive time.......
Little Black Dress and Tuxedo Diet
Are you trying to keep your waistline in trim over Christmas? Worrying about how you will cope with what you will be served? Dreading the invitations to buffets and parties? Here’s 7 simple and effective tips from Dietwise to help you manage with even the most challenging circumstances ........
- Don’t arrive too hungry - eat a small healthy snack before leaving, to help you avoid over indulging you are once there.
- Take a full tour of the table before you fill your plate – try to circle it twice before you choose. Check out the healthiest options and plate these first.
- Remember, the first 3 items you eat are most likely to be the most – choose them wisely
- Choose to stand or sit away from the table - you will be less likely to give into temptation or mindlessly nibble while chatting.
- Eat from a dessert plate – fool yourself into thinking you are eating more
- Take a bottle of sparkling water with you and use this to top up any alcoholic drinks you have – it will help keep ‘liquid calories’ down
- Eat mindfully – enjoy every bit to its maximum. Really think about the taste sensations and the pleasure of eating. Notice when you are feeling satisfied and feel contented to stop.