Looking for a delicious low fat dish for Diabetes Awareness Day? Here's one from Dietwise......
This delicious and simple recipe can be prepared in less than half an hour – and is full of healthy omega fish oils too.
Calories saved = 1050 (compared to average fish and chip take away)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- One medium onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped ( can replace with 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried ground coriander
- 200ml low fat crème fraise
- 50ml milk or water
- 2 -4 tablespoons dry white wine
- Ground black pepper
- Cut the salmon into chunks and place in a bowel. Add the lemon juice and cracked black pepper to taste and set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large none stick pan. Add the onion, garlic and fresh ginger and cook gentle until lightly browned.
- Stir in all of the spices, except the fresh coriander. Cook for a minute or two to release the flavours and then add in the white wine, and stir over a low heat. Add the salmon and cook for 5-8 minutes , moving the fish gently in the pan to ensure it cooks evenly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the crème fraise. Add milk or water to the required consistency. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve on a bed of basmati rice.